Glamos Walker Helium Testing Device -EU868 or US915
Glamos Walker – all you need to make one step forward with LoRaWAN
Glamos Walker is a portable device that allows testing of the LoRaWAN network (LoRaWAN field test device). This device allows you to send, receive and instantly view radio packets & messages.
The user can change all parameters relevant to the network quality through the on-screen menu.
Walker also has a GPS module that allows instant positioning, and thus mapping the network itself.
It helps to decide on the best placement of gateways and antennas relative to each other.
All data on your hand
With the integration of the Walker device on the Walk App server (HTTP POST integration), the user is able to view all the data about the sent message on the screen of the device, but also within the Walk App. This includes sending time, counter, frequency, spreading factor (SF), bandwidth, coding rate, GPS coordinates, name of all base stations that received the message along with the corresponding RSSI and SNR values. Device will calculate Packet error rate for you.
Real time monitoring
If the Walker has access to the Wi-Fi network (or smartphone hotspot) during operation, it will display the names of all gateways that received the message, together with the corresponding RSSI and SNR values. This feature is an ideal way for the user to see network quality in real time not only based on signal quality, but also based on the overlap of multiple gateways.
Example: You send a message on the desired SF, and on the screen you will get information about exactly which base stations received the message and with what signal strength.
- Optimisation of location for devices – Know where to set up device in advance
- Optimisation of location for gateways – Learn about your gateway and location’s performance
- Network coverage testing – Map your network – you can create map to know what area your hotspot, or some other, is covering with signal.
- Signal quality (RSSI and SNR)
- Indoor testing – Find out how buildings affect your network
- Testing location for Helium hotspot placement (you are able to see how many hotspots you can see from some locations, or do you see any, before setting up your hotspot)- analytics for Proof of Coverage (PoC) (in app you can see if you have valid PoC from location)
- Signal quality testing (RSSI and SNR) – You can see how good signal is because that is important for PoC and mining
- Testing with different antennas to find best fit – 3 antennas included (every device and hotspot has a different antenna, so you can test them to get best signal for communication or to find golden point for mining)
- Visualization of all data in app (all data is stored in Walk App so you can see them on map and analyse it later)
- Get list of hotspots in range on screen of device or in app
- LEARNING about LoRaWAN (using device you will learn how LoRaWAN and RF works. Best way to improve knowledge from theory is to make practical testing’s)
User can change all parameters directly on device, no need for reprogramming on computer. That includes:
- Spreading factor
- Spreading factor on RX2 slot (SF9 or SF12)
- Multi channel or single channel (if you suspect some channel is not working properly)
- Sending geolocation in message or not
- Setting up Wi-Fi parameters
- Send confirmed/unconfirmed messages
Different modes for testing
To speed up testing there are many different modes of work:
- Send on one SF (configure it easily on screen)
- Send on even SFs (analyse quality of network on SF8, SF10 and SF12)
- Send on odd SFs (analyse quality of network on SF7, SF9 and SF11)
- Send on all SFs (analyse quality of network on all SFs at once)
- Send few messages in a row to get average RSSI
- Send with period on same SF (possible to use as GPS tracker also)
|Communication||LoRaWAN (can be integrated to any network), WiFi|
|Autonomy||up to 20h|
|Weight||110g (without antenna)|
|Conditions||-10°C – 70°C|
|LoRa mode||OTAA, ABP, class A|
|LoRa frequency||EU863-870 or US902-929
|LoRaWAN servers||TTN, Loriot, Actility, etc|
|RF connector on device||SMA – female|
|Sensors||GPS (precision <2.5m in outdoor)|
|Display||1.3″, wideangle (170°), 65K|
|Package includes||1x Glamos Walker
1x Antenna 2.15dBi, 21cm
1x Antenna 1dBi, 10cm
1x Antenna 0dBi, 5cm
*(antennas 868MHz or 915MHz)
1x USB cable for charging
1x Hard case bag