LMR-500 Cable Assemblies
At McGill Microwave Systems, we have the capability to supply LMR-500 Cable Assemblies with any combination of Times Microwave connectors.
The LMR-500 cable assemblies – supplied by McGill Microwave Systems, uses the LMR-500 Cable range combined with Times Microwave X Series Tri Metal/Alballoy plated connectors which provide superior broadband VSWR performance.
The Times Microwave Systems LMR Cable Assemblies range is recognised globally as the Industry Standard Ultra Low Insertion Loss, Flexible, Low Cost, Lightweight DC-6 GHz solution for most applications – backed up by the best warranty and technical support in the business.
LMR-500 Coaxial Cable
LMR-500 Coaxial cable is an extremely popular cable in the industry due to its excellent reliability, surpassed flexibility and ultra low attenuation. The LMR cable has loss figures comparable to the extremely rigid corrugated coaxial cables however manages to achieve similar flexibility to that of high loss RG Cables. LMR is around 40% lower attenuation than competing RG single shielded cables.
This is achieved due to the cable construction specifications. The centre conductor uses a high conductivity, Bare copper clad covered aluminium centre conductor material. The dielectric is nitrogen injected, foamed, closed cell, Polyethylene which helps achieve a very high % Velocity of Propagation. The Dielectric has a Aluminium foil outer conductor, which is chemically bonded on to it. Due to the cable construction, The attenuation is significantly lower as compared to single shielded coaxial cables.
LMR-500 Cable Assemblies – Frequency Operating Band
LMR-500 cable assemblies are designed to operate excellent from DC – 6GHz. For any frequency band at VHF and above LMR is the obvious choice.
The Times Microwave X Series, that are used to turn the coaxial cable into an assembly, have been engineered to offer the additional key advantages and features over our competitors’ products:
- Albaloy/Tri-Plate plating – resulting in superior Corrosion/Salt Fog resistance performance.
- No braid trim feature – saves time during termination
- Excellent broadband VSWR performance
- Centre pins plated with substantial 50 micro inches of gold- enhanced mate/de-mate life.
- IP 67 Waterproof rated when used with the Times WSB strain relief Weather Sealing Boots.
- Rugged Design with hex Coupling nut feature on Male connectors -enabling the use of torque tools to ensure proper mating force
- Compatible with Times assembly aid tooling such as CST and CT strip/crimp tools
- Solderless rapid assembly design
- Indelible Laser marked with the Times part number
- Superior pull strength /connector retention designs.
The custom made LMR-500 cable assemblies can be supplied with any available Times Microwave connector on either end of the coaxial cable. Below is a list of the connectors that McGill Microwave Stock and can be installed on your cable of choice:
LMR-500 Cable Assemblies – Low Prices!
There’s even more great news! At McGill Microwave, we mange to keep our prices extremely competitive, with added lightning fast delivery time.